As part of Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birthday celebrations, the Ramakrishna Mission, New Delhi held a public meeting in connection with presentation of Swami Vivekananda Awards of Rs. One Lakh each to four NGOs and prize distribution to the winners of Essay Competition in Sarada Auditorium at 6.00 p.m. on Sunday, the 4th March 2012.
For this Meeting Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan, former Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and Dr. Anuradha Balaram, Economic Adviser, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, were invited as Chief Guest and Special Guest respectively.
The programme began at 6.00 p.m. with the opening song rendered by Shri Chandra Nath Mukherjee accompanied by Shri Ashok Brahmachari on tabla.
After the opening song, Swami Shantatmanandaji gave mementoes to all the three dignitaries on the stage. He then welcomed all the dignitaries on the stage and the representatives of four NGOs selected for the awards. Swami Shantatmanandaji also welcomed all winners of Swami Vivekananda Essay Competition held recently among school and college students in Delhi and NCR. and all those who attended this function and explained how all the above four NGOs were specially selected for the awards and what an effort was involved in conducting the essay competition among school and college students.
Dr. Anuradha Balaram made a short but effective speech highlighting the importance of special training to all administrators of the country on the lines of Swami Vivekananda’s thought process. This was followed by presentations by the representatives of the above four NGOs, viz, Shri Arun Tyagi (Gram Sudhar Samiti), Smt. Ranjana Sengupta (Nanritam), Shri G. Praveen Kumar (Snehanjali) and Shri Jadeya Gowda (Vivekananda Girijana Kalyana Kendra).
After the above presentations, Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan, Chief Guest, presented the Awards to the representatives of all the four NGOs mentioned above. The Chief Guest then distributed the prizes to winners whose particulars are given below:
- 1st Prize — Akansha Melkani of G.B. Pant University .. Rs. 15000/-
- 2nd Prize – Arunima Dutta of Maitreyi College .. Rs. 12000
- 3rd Prize – Bhaswar Faisal Khan of Hindu College .. Rs. 10000
- 4th Prize – Stuti Chandra of G. B. Pant University .. Rs. 7500
- 5th Prize – Suad of Acharya Narendra Dev College .. Rs. 5000
- 5th Prize – Ankita Vasistha of Bharati College .. Rs. 5000
Consolation Prizes: .. Rs. 2000 each
- Nirmal Kumar of Shivaji College
- Divangshu Chawla of DLDAV School, Pitampura
- Omair Malik of Amity International School, Pushp Vihar
- Tanvi Tandon of Amity International School, Noida
- Isha Sharma of DPS Rohini
- Sudarsana Chanda of Lady Sriram College
Following the presentation of awards and distribution of prizes to students, the Chief Guest made a very effective speech. Shri L.N. Jhunjhunwala, Vice-President, Managing Committee of the Ramakrishna Mission, New Delhi, proposed a Vote of Thanks.
Presentations by the NGOs:
Vivekananda Girijana Kalyana Kendra: