A) Swami Vivekananda An Eternal Inspiration for Youth – Lecture by Swami Sarvapriyananda (New York): (6:00 pm onwards, 10th January 2021)
B) Music Festival: ( January 12, 2021 at the Vivekananda Auditorium from 5:00 pm onwards)
Sub: 158th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
National Youth Day
(a) Special Lecture
In connection with the 158th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda there will be a special lecture on Sunday, the 10th of January, 2021 from 6:00 pm by Swami Sarvapriyananda of Vedanta Society of New York on the topic “Swami Vivekananda An Eternal Inspiration for the youth”. The lecture will be webcast live on the Ashrama’s YouTube channel.
The link for the above lecture is https://youtu.be/x3KqLem4PtY
(b) Music Festival
To celebrate the 158th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, we are organizing a Hindustani Classical Vocal recital by the eminent vocalist brothers Padma Bhushan Pt. Rajan Misra and Padma Bhushan Pt. Sajan Misra, doyens of the Benaras Gharana, on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at the Vivekananda Auditorium from 5:00 pm onwards. They would be accompanied on the tabla and harmonium by Shri Durjay Bhaumik and Dr. Vinay Mishra respectively. The programme will be webcast live on the Ashrama’s YouTube channel.
The link for Music Festival is https://youtu.be/-PNOhNMH8Qg
Due to Covid-19 restrictions in force at the moment in the National Capital only 200 persons can attend the above Music Festival at the Ashram. We will be issuing coupons at the gate up to a maximum of 200 on first come first served basis. Persons who are leaving are requested to return the coupons at the gate so that the same can be reissued. So please don’t carry the coupons home.
The above programmes will be webcast live on the Ramakrishna Mission Delhi YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClr2ZKIqUsyn9oBLoiKbRnw/videos).
We once again furnish below the Government guidelines: –
· Temperature checks will be done at the entrance to the Ashrama. Anyone with 99 degrees F and above temperature will be denied entry.
· Persons with symptoms of cold and cough will be denied entry.
· Persons above 65 years of age or below 10 years of age are ADVISED not to visit the Ashrama.
· Social distancing norms are to be strictly followed at all times inside the Ashrama premises.
· All visitors MUST wear face masks while inside the Ashrama.
· No offerings will be allowed inside the temple. The same may be deposited at the temple entrance and will be used after being properly disinfected. For the time being devotees may bring only fruits (not sweets) for offering.
· Devotees need not offer pranams to monks by touching their feet. Instead they may offer pranams with folded hands.
· Devotees coming by vehicles will be allowed inside the premises after temperature check of all the passengers including the driver.
Yours in service,